Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A seed is planted

This is the start of a blog with a twofold purpose:

1. Provide a nuts and bolts approach to VEGETABLE gardening on a tight budget.
2. Document my drive from growing my garden from a couple tomato plants to an income stream.

I will demonstrate and provide advice from experiences I have had starting from marginal soil in the Missouri Ozarks and (hopefully) developing my garden plot into something beautiful, productive, and profitable.

Primary topics will include the entire life cycle of garden plants (planting to harvest to seed collection), herbs, fruits and berries, marketing, creating value added products, tools, food preservation, and food storage.

Most of the projects I will illustrate will be duplicatable from scrap, found items, reuse, or inexpensive construction material. If you have an interest in gardening and you have ever thought of building something out of PVC pipe other than plumbing, than this is the blog for you!

Heirloom Forellenschluss lettuce. "It means, 'speckled like trout'."

No comments:

Post a Comment